Re: KJV vs AV

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 10:50:34 EST

At 10:39 AM -0500 12/19/99, Polycarp66@aol.com wrote:
>We "B-Greekers" also know that the KJV was based on a faulty text tradition
>and therefore wouldn't use it -- would we?
>
>gfsomsel

Let's not make assumptions about what "we 'B-Greekers' know," shall we?
There's a pretty broad range of opinion on many a question here,including
this one. We may argue questions about the Greek text as such here, but
let's steer clear, please, of posing even rhetorical questions that might
identify which group holds the right opinions and which group are just
simply misguided. As someone once noted, before putting the torch to the
stake at which "the enemy/ies of God" was/were being burned, "God will know
his (/or her?) own."

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu