Re: KJV vs AV

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 10:39:06 EST

In a message dated 12/19/99 10:27:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
CaptFuchida@webtv.net writes:

<<
 There is a movement called the "KJV-Only"
 movement which boastfully state; "the KJV is the true word of God in the
 English language!" Of course when they do this which KJV are they
 referring to, the Nelson or the Oxford? Because, believe it or not, the
 English version and the American version do differ!

 We "B-Greekers" know that the true word of God is of course in the
 original languages, and any silly person knows that no language can be
 translated 100% word for word especially when it comes to an advanced
 language like Greek which is set with rules and standards. Verses
 English which is a living inferior language that constantly changes with
 rules and new words being brought in.

We "B-Greekers" also know that the KJV was based on a faulty text tradition
and therefore wouldn't use it -- would we?

gfsomsel