double positive?

From: WmHBoyd@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 21:21:57 EST

I know it is off topic, but I knew you would enjoy this short funny.

<< A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class one day. "In English,"
he said, "A double negative forms a positive. In some languages, though, such
as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, there is no
language wherein a double positive can form a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, 'Yeah, right.' >>

William Boyd (Little Greek)
Royal Palm Beach, Florida

PS: Last week I read the entire 2nd chapter of James without going to my
lexicon. HO! HO! HO! I could hardly believe I was so good at this!!! (I
admit, it helped memorizing it in English first. Oh well, compared to where
I was before I found this list, I enjoyed my small victory!)