Re: THEOS HGAPHSEN

From: Blahoslav Cicel (Blahoslav.Cicel@cb.cz)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 01:58:37 EST

Dne P‡, 24 prosinec 1999 jste napsal(a):
> I have noticed that quite often when the NT is speaking of Christ's
> sacrifice at the same time it speaks of His love, it places AGAPAW in the
> aorist, instead of the present or imperfect. For instance, in John 3:16...
>
> hOUTWS GAR HGAPHSEN hO THEOS TON KOSMON...
>
> Is this intended to speak of the crucifixion as a loving-act?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Taylor
> St. Louis, USA

Look to Rom 5:8, where it is writen: SINISTHSIN DE THN EAUTOU AGAPHN EIS hHMAS
hO QEOS hOTI ETI hAMARTWLWN ONTWN hHMWN CRISTOW hUPER hHMWN APEQANEN.
 The love of God is directly linked to the death of Christ. And moreover Paul
uses the verb SUNISTANAI which maens: to bring toghether, to join, to introduce
sb, to show. I like the rendition: "thus God **introduces** his love to us that
Christ died for us even us beeng sinners".

Blaho, pastor