Re: "In the beginning was the word" (Jn 1:1a)

From: Brian Swedburg (brian@discoveryhills.org)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 19:30:00 EST

Greetings,
    I thought I would just dump my three cents in here. The ring of Gen 1:1, which
it appears that the author intends his readers to here ringing as a backdrop to this
introduction to John's gospel, suggests to me that the "Creative Word of God" of
Genesis 1 is the semantic referent for "LOGOS" in Jn 1. vs 2 and 3 may be
considered to echo and support such an approach. This suggestion is even more
plausible if you hold that the author of John was a monotheistic "Torah" loving boy.

Thanks
Brian Swedburg
Western Sem Student