Re: Matthew 5:31-32 (Divorce)

From: Jason Hare (parousia_occ@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 04:32:32 EST

<< The passage means that if the woman commits "prostitution" -- literally
PORNEIA refers to prostitution, but it is possible that PORNEIA is here
being used as a derogatory term of abuse for some activity other than
prostitution. >>

Don't you think that PORNEIA refers to sexual immorality of any kind? I
don't know that this deals only with prostitution. PORNH may be a
prostitute, but what of a PORNOS? It is generally a "fornicater" or
someone who is "sexually immoral." Can not this be the same of a female...
one who is a PORNH? In not just "prostitution terms."

Jason Hare