Re: KJV Revision History

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@prodigy.net)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 16:19:47 EST

Ted:

Scrivener's_Authorized Version_ is about the only thing out there. A source
that I have used quite often is Historical Catalogue of the Printed Editions
of the Holy Scripture in the Library of the The British and Foreign Bible
Society_ by T. H. Darlow and H.F. Moule. London: The British and Foreign
Bible Society, 1903. A reprint of this was done by Kraus Reprint Corporation
of New York in 1963.

Kevin

At 03:58 PM 2/24/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings:
>
>I hope you won't mind my approaching you about this subject again.
>
>I am trying to locate a good (more or less current) book or article on
>the history of the KJV AFTER it's initial printing/s in 1611. There is
>no end of material explaining the background of the KJV and how it
>initially came to be published; but I find little dealing with its
>history since that time. What have been the major editions and revisions
>since 1611? How do these various editions differ from each other?
>Exactly what text is used in today's printings? (I have received a
>couple of different answers to that question.) I have the Scrivener book
>on this subject, and it is invaluable; but it is also over 100 years old,
>and I'll bet a thing or two have shown up regarding this matter since the
>19th Century. (Also, I'm not too comfortable with a couple of
>Scrivener's sources.) I would like some precise, well-researched
>material.
>
>I would think that someone has researched this topic, considering the
>importance of the KJV. If you can direct me to current material, I sure
>would appreciate it. Off-list, I think.
>
>Many thanks.
>
>Ted Mann
>
>Dr. Theodore "Ted" H. Mann / thmann@juno.com
>Fax and Voice Mail: 1-562-750-5242
>http://www.homestead.com/ChristianResourcesLinks/index.html
>http://www.homestead.com/eLOGOS/index.html
>http://www.homestead.com/eIXQUS/index.html

>Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
>Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit:
>http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
>
>---
>B-Greek home page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek
>You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: cierpke@prodigy.net