Acts 4:2

From: Mike Sangrey (mike@sojurn.lns.pa.us)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 18:03:52 EST

In Acts 4:2 we have
    KAI KATAGGELLEIN EN TW IHSOU THN ANASTASIN THN EK NEKRWN,

The last THN strikes me as interesting. I understand, correct me if I'm
wrong, that what that does grammatically is make the EK NEKRWN phrase
attributive to ANASTASIN. So, we have a 'from-[the]-dead resurrection'.

Why? Why go to that bother? Would it not have been simpler to just say
   THN ANASTASIN EK NEKRWN

or even
   THN ANASTASIN EK TWN NEKRWN.

Thanks ahead of time for any help in understanding.

--
Mike Sangrey
mike@sojurn.lns.pa.us