Definite noun with anarthous attribute

From: Kimmo Huovila (kimmo.huovila@helsinki.fi)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 14:56:18 EST

I am interested in the construction of the type hO ANHR AGAQOS used
attributively (=hO ANHR hO AGAQOS) (including an adverb or prepositional
phrase in the place of the adjective). Any thoughts on its frequency
(relative to articular structures that make the attributive position
explicit) in Attic poetry, Attic prose, and KOINH prose? Is there any
clear change from Attic (prose) to KOINH?

I am interested also in speculations, as I doubt that anyone on the list
is able to give accurate statistics off the top of their head.

Kimmo