Re: 1Pet.1:17

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 08:59:35 EST

This isn't really a reply. I'm simply using the return address.

Have you looked at Perseus since it was down? Quite a change. I thought
that they had eliminated the ability to view Greek in a Greek font -- they
haven't, WHEW!

I have a question you might be able to answer. I've never felt comfortable
using transliterations -- especially since they schemes aren't always the
same. Take the Perseus method, e.g. I have been trying to figure out how
you enter a verb in its 1st sing. form. Since it ends in OMEGA, I would
think you would enter it as "W" (b-greek style) or "o^" (what I thought was
Perseus style). I find though that, if I enter a simple word such as PEMPW,
I get no results. If I enter it as PEMPO^, I still get no results. Now this
is a very simple word (which, of course, I don't need to look up -- it's a
test). Perseus should give some hits.

gfsomsel