Re: A question from a novice!

From: Steven Lo Vullo (doulos@chorus.net)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 18:44:54 EST

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hi,

Just wanted to point out that beyond the point Dave is making (which is a
great one), we see in Luke 11:43 yet another example of a negative usage of
AGAPAW. By no stretch of the imagination can this usage support the
tradition that AGAPAW always means "self-sacrificial, self-giving,
expecting-nothing-in-return love." The Pharisees referred to in this text
wanted to get (recognition), not give.

Steve LoVullo,

Madison, WI