AGAPAW/AGAPH

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (jgibson000@mailhost.chi.ameritech.net)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 09:25:42 EST

I must have been asleep at the wheel last night when I did my search TLG
for instances of AGAPAW and used AGAPA as my search term -- for that
does not take into consideration that this excludes forms of the present
and future tenses of the verb. So since then I've run another search
using AGAP and HGAP as my search terms (so forms of the noun were also
searched for) with the results that between the 4th cent BCE and the 1st
Cent CE (and again this does not take into account instances in the LXX
and other writings which the TLG list as "varia") there are 1716
instances of the noun and verb -- over 300 in Plutarch alone.

So, who now wants to examine the data?!

Yours,

Jeffrey

--