Re: Was: "a question from a novice"

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (jgibson000@mailhost.chi.ameritech.net)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 14:10:25 EST

"Joe A. Friberg" wrote:

> If someone who has access to TLG could send me some data to work with (if
> that is permissible), I might be able to undertake such a task...sometime!
> How large a corpus would it be to limit data to 1c. BC/AD?

Larger that you'd want to investigate, I suspect. Using AGAP and HGAP as
my search
terms on the D Disk for 1 BCE-1 CE, here's the statistics for who uses
the terms and
how often (doubtless the E Disk would show more) -- and remember, this
does not take
into account instances in the papyri or inscriptions:

Century: 1 B.C.
Philo Judaeus Phil.: 98
Diodorus Siculus Hist.: 39
Dionysius Halicarnassensis Rh: 65