Was: "a question from a novice"

From: Bob Stevens (imamai@rmi.net)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 13:10:58 EST

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I am way over my head here; a lay lurker who hasn't been in a Greek class
for more than 20 years.
That said, I'm going to take the liberty of introducing a slight change of
direction here. Given all of the extremely informative insights in this
thread, how do we fit a couple verses into the mix?

John 5:20 hO GAR PATHR FILEI TON hUION ...

John 16:27 AUTOS GAR hO PATHR FILEI hUMAS ...

If I have butchered the transliteration, please overlook that and just move
to the meat of the question. I guess I'm asking how this fits into Jim
West's heirarchy, as well as the discussion Carl Conrad passed along from
Louw & Nida.

Thank you for bearing with my ignorance.

Bob Stevens