List Member's Book appears- off topic

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 02:28:13 EST

Browsing this evening at Half Price books I saw a copy of:

Jesus : apocalyptic prophet of the new millennium /Bart D.
Ehrman., Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1999.
xi, 274 p. ; 25 cm.

Bart's book is in good company at Half Price Books, there seems to be a big
run of books on the historical Jesus as well as books on Christology and NT
background right now. All big name authors like J.D. Crossan, A.N. Wilson,
M.J. Borg, J. D. G. Dunn, J. Fitzmyer, Bart D. Ehrman.

I came home and did a check of my local public library catalog and found two
copies of Bart's, Jesus : apocalyptic prophet of the new millennium. I put
it on hold and WILL refrain from talking about it on b-greek of course.

Anyway, all you guys in Texas can run out to Half Price books and stock up
on Historical Jesus as well as books on Christology. A lot of these titles
arrived around the end of January so they may be already sold out at some
brances, but Half Price books will find you a copy if there is one at
another store send it to your local branch for you.

Most of these titles are much less than half price. They are more like 70%
percent off list.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point