RE: List Member's Book appears- off topic

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 01:10:47 EST

A note of caution and clarification:

clayton stirling bartholomew wrote:

>Browsing this evening at Half Price books I saw a copy of:
> Jesus : apocalyptic prophet of the new millennium /Bart D. Ehrman., Oxford ;
> New York : Oxford University Press, 1999. xi, 274 p. ; 25 cm.
>
> Bart's book is in good company at Half Price Books, there seems to be a big
> run of books on the historical Jesus as well as books on Christology and NT
> background right now. All big name authors like J.D. Crossan, A.N. Wilson,
> M.J. Borg, J. D. G. Dunn, J. Fitzmyer, Bart D. Ehrman.

The thought occurred to me that mentioning that these books on historical
Jesus as well as books on Christology were available at remainders prices
might be construed by some people as a recommendation of the authors and
their works.

I would assume that anyone purchasing any of the authors or titles mentioned
here would have the good sense to find out what it was they were purchasing
in advance. We have a number of Historical Jesus aficionados on b-greek who
know these authors and my notice was intended for their benefit.

I would hate to think that anyone would conclude based on my previous post
that I was endorsing the views of some of these authors.

Always find out what you are buying, first!

Enough said.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew