RE: hOUTWS ... hWSTE (To Carl)

From: Moon-Ryul Jung (moon@saint.soongsil.ac.kr)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 01:01:09 EDT

Dear Carl,

I am inclined to your logic in this matter. Your point is:

Another way to phrase the difference between your way of reading John 3:16
and my way is to say that yours emphasizes a semantic relationship between
hOUTWS and adverbial antecedents implicit or explicit in what preceded,
whereas mine emphasize a syntactic relationship between hOUTWS and hWSTE.

The issue could be easily resolved by finding examples where there are no
implicit or explicit antecedents for hOUTWS. Could you find some?

Moon

Moon R. Jung
Sogang Univ,
Seoul, Korea