Re: Book Evaluation Requested

From: Edward Hobbs (EHOBBS@WELLESLEY.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 12:57:04 EDT

Ted,

These Swanson volumes are a gold-mine. It's possible at some times and
some places, to get a package price on several of them, saving lots
of money.

Edward Hobbs

-------------Ted wrote:---------->>>>>>>>>>.

Are any of you qualified textual critics familiar with a series of books
entitled "New Testament Greek Manuscripts," by Reuben Swanson? (
http://www.dfscott.com ) The series presently consists of the gospels
plus, I think, Galatians. Each volume lists NT variant readings (printed
out in full) in horizontal lines against Codex Vaticanus, which is used
as the exemplar, and is printed in its entirety. (Isn't the TR usually
used for this purpose?) A great deal of additional information is also
provided. If you know this work, I'm curious to know what you think of
it.

Best.

Ted

Dr. Theodore "Ted" H. Mann / thmann@juno.com