Re: Apostasia

From: Bill Combs (wcombs@dbts.edu)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 08:36:55 EDT

<x-html>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Apostasia</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Mark,<BR>
<BR>
As others on the list have indicated, there is very little if any evidence to support the view of Dr. English and others &nbsp;that APOSTASIA is the Rapture in 2 Thess 2:3. Certainly the lexical evidence does not move in that direction. I have written an article attempting to refute English's viewpoint entitled &quot;Is <I>Apostasia</I> in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 a Reference to the Rapture?&quot; <I>Detroit Baptist Seminary Journal</I> 3 (Fall 1998): 63­87. I would be glad to send you a copy if you are interested.<BR>
-- <BR>
William W. Combs, Th.D.<BR>
Academic Dean and Professor of NT<BR>
Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary<BR>
4801 Allen Road<BR>
Allen Park, MI 48101<BR>
Phone: (313) 381-0111, ext. 13<BR>
Fax: &nbsp;&nbsp;(313) 381-0798<BR>