Galatians 3:19 DIATAGEIS

From: Suedaleg@aol.com
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 01:21:50 EDT

Hello freinds:

Help? I ahve run into a word in Gal. 3:19 that I seem to have either
forgotten the connection or perhaps had never run into it before.

The sentance reads:

TWN PARABASEWN XARIN PROSETEQH AXRIS OU ELQHi TO SPERMA hWi EPHGGELETAI,
DIATAGEIS DI AGGELWN EN XEIRI MESITOU.

The word in question is DIATAGEIS at the beginning of the second clause. I
have determined that this is a form of one of two words:

1: DIATAGH, "Arrangement" but which case? my declension would be

DIATAGH . DIATAGAI
DIATAGHS . DIATAGWN
DIATAGHi . DIATAGAIS
DIATAGHN . DIATAGAS

Genative singular seems closest, but should it not have an antcedent in this
case?

or

2: DIATASSW "to arrange" but what tense ,etc. Aorist or perfect perhaps but
what person and number give -EIS?

I have tentatively place both options in my notes and seem to see the idea in
either case. My thoughts on this verse so far goes like this:

It was added a grace for transgessors until the seed has come to whom it was
promised, | an arrangement | arranged | by angels by the hand of a mediator.

Am I close?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Dale Greenlee