Re: TEACHING "RAPID GREEK READING"

From: Cal Redmond (cal.redmond@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 15:15:01 EDT

Thanks, Michael.

When I get the class, I will have to gauge their level and plan accordingly. I agree
that the obvious answer is that they should read as much as possible. I thought about
beginning by having them read 1 & 2 Corinthians, a Gospel (perhaps Mark?), and a
"general epistle" which would probably not be Hebrews. This is a one term class.

If they haven't already been tested from Metzger's Lexical Aids, I would also do that.
I appreciate the suggestion. I was tested in this during intermediate Greek courses,
and I found it useful. I plan toll suggest they use Sakae Kubo in their preparations
for words used less than 10 times in the NT.

The one-term courses like these that I have heard of have typically had the expectation
of reading about one-third of the NT.

Cal Redmond