Re: Just Beginning: What do I do next?

From: TAYLOR, MARK D [FND/1000] (MARK.D.TAYLOR@stl.Monsanto.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 10:15:30 EDT

Linda,

I was able to learn Greek on my own, mainly using the "Greek Tutor" software
from Parsons Technology. You can get it through amazon.com for around $30.
It was developed by a seminary professor, and takes you through two
semesters of Koine Greek.

In some ways I would have rather learned in a classroom setting, but on my
own I went very slowly and carefully, making sure I had completely mastered
each chapter before moving on. It took me about two years to get through it
all, and I still go back and review the paradigms regularly. A lot depends
on how much you enjoy working on your own, and how much you are able to
discipline yourself.

I initially tried with various book-based courses, but struggled. For me,
learning through software was just what I needed.

God bless,
Mark Taylor