[b-greek] MENETE EN AUTWi KAI PAROUSIAi AUTOU in 1 John 2:28

From: Ilvgrammta@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 14:13:32 EDT

Dear B-Greekers,

I am presently working my way through 1 John and I have a question on a
puzzling aspect of this Johannine Epistle.

In 1 John 2:25, John appears to use AUTOS to refer to the Father, who
promised everlasting life to His people. Then, in 2:27, John still seems to
have the Father in mind when he speaks of the anointing that Christians
receive from him (AP' AUTOU). But what puzzles me here is 2:28 and its
utilization of AUTWi and AUTOU. Does AUTWi function as a switch-reference
device in 2:28 since it refers to the PAROUSIAi AUTOU?

Thanks in advance,
Edgar