[b-greek] help please

From: Lorraine McLean (lorraine@shotton.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 20:44:46 EDT

I am sorry if I am wasting anybodies time but I have unfortunately gotten
involved in a debate concerning the LXX and the supposed use of YHWH (or
equivalents) within it.

I have done some reading concerning the LXX, mainly connected with canon,
and found proposals that there was "A divine name controversy" somewhat
surprising. I would be interested in finding out if there is any substance
to this controversy (concerning the LXX and not other Greek versions of
Hebrew Scripture) and concisely upon what evidence it may be based.

Thankyou

Lorraine