[b-greek] Re: Rev. 21:3, 10

From: Harold R. Holmyard III (hholmyard@ont.com)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 21:12:28 EDT

Dear Ken,

You write:

>I've been working on a treatment that approaches the "city" [of Jerusalem
>in Revelation 21] as non-literal, but rather as a metaphor for the "ideal
>church."

You might try looking up Robert Gundry in a theological library. He has
already published an article on the city in Revelation 21 as a metaphorical
description of God's people.

Perhaps you may have seen it. However, that idea raises the question as to
whether the city of Babylon was also a metaphorical city, for it is a woman
city like the bride city of Jerusalem. They form a pair.

                                Yours,
                                Harold Holmyard