[b-greek] Re: Rom.1:5: hUPAKOH PISTEWS

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 12:39:03 EDT

<x-flowed>
Acts 6:7-

To which Carl wrote:

>This IS a little bit bizarre, if one thinks about it a bit. hH PISTIS here
>DOES seem to take on (informally?) a sort of personification; it is not so
>much, I think, a body of abstract doctrine as it is a "Torah" that
>addresses persons individually and in the heart and draws forth from them a
>response of submission more than of intellectual assent.

And to which I would suggest:

Looks like Paul was not the only NT writer who had a fondness for
personifying concepts. How many in Romans alone does Paul personify? (Law,
Sin, Death, Faith...)

I might not even consider this personification of faith "a little bit
bizarre." This personification seems more than natural to me. Wouldn't
surprise me if Luke picked up this technique from his teacher, Paul.

Thank you,

Mark Wilson

http://profiles.msn.com.