[b-greek] Re: ABS prices

From: D. Charles Pyle (DCPyle@linkline.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 01:21:12 EDT

Subject: Re: ABS prices
From: "Rodney J. Decker" <rdecker@bbc.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:53:42 -0400

At 12:27 PM 9/12/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Try Barnes & Noble. I have saved significant amounts on ABS books. I
>saved thirty dollars on the Louw & Nida Lexicon. Barnes & Noble gets a
>better than forty percent discount and resells for only a dollar or two
>profit -- go figure.

Even the few dollars they have added to the price is a steal when you hear
my sob story. I purchased Louw and Nida at Christian Discount Books in
Whittier and was charged $125 dollars for the two-volume set. I thought that
was not bad until I saw the same set for only $20.00 a volume from ABS last
year! What a rip! But, it was too late to return the books and repurchase
them from ABS. What ever price hike ABS have made, it cannot be as bad as
so-called Christian Discount Books! Ok, I'm calm now.
D. Charles Pyle
GINWSKETE GAR THN CARIN TOU KURIOU hHMWN
IHSOU CRISTOU, hOTI DI' hUMAS EPTWCEUSEN,
PLOUSIOS WN, hINA hUMEIS TH(i) EKEINOU PTWCEIA(i),
PLOUTHSHTE. (PROS KORINQIOUS B 8.9)