[b-greek] Re: Smart's rule and John 20:28

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 09:42:30 EDT

<x-flowed>
At 05:26 PM 10/22/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I have recently been informed of the following rule of Koine Greek which
>has been called "Smart's rule":

A new one to me (the rule, that is). Is this is formal, published proposal?
If so, could you provide us with some documentation? I doubt too many will
want to comment on something this technical without looking at the original
article and defense of it--if such exists. In any case, it behooves one to
do a fairly complete grammatical search with Accordance, etc. before
commenting on it.

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Assoc. Prof./NT PO Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
rdecker@bbc.edu http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
XNS Universal Address: =RodDecker
The *Resources for NT Study* site is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm