[b-greek] Re: advice with some texts on Manuscripts

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 16:21:32 EST

on 10/31/00 11:17 AM, Michael Kennedy wrote:

> I want to buy a book or two on Textual Criticism.

Some more advance books on the topic which are floating around on the web
book stores at very reasonable prices ($15-$20) are:

Fee, Gordon and Epp, Eldon J. Studies & Documents: Studies in the Theory and
Method of New Testament Textual Criticism Eerdmans: 1993 414 pages

Ehrman, Bart D. and Holmes, Micheal W.: THE TEXT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT IN
CONTEMPORARY RESEARCH Essays on the Status Quaestionis ; Grand Rapids:
William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1995

These are collections of essays which assume some prior knowledge of the
issues of NT TC. After reading Metzger once or twice you will be able to
read these books without any difficulty. I think both of these volumes are
worth having in your library if you have more than just a passing interest
in NT TC.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew