[b-greek] Re: Question for Sunday

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 02:07:49 EST

on 11/25/00 8:57 PM, JFisher777@aol.com wrote:

> It does appear that the fifth line down has LWT O ADELFIDOUS
>
> Which would line up with the "nephew Lot" portion of Genesis 14:14. True?
>

> Jeffrey R Fisher
> Minister, Church of Christ
> Imperial Beach, CA

Jeffrey,

You may be right. I can not make it out for sure.

I started searching with IDIOUC O[I]KOGENE[I]C on at the beginning of line
six. This pattern landed me at Genesis 14:14 on the second search, after
having a little trouble with the missing characters in OIKOGENEIC. Then I
was able to locate the string [AKO]UCAC DE ABRA[M] on line four. That was I
had time to do. Whole process took less than five minutes once I had the
image to look at.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew