[b-greek] Re: Question for Sunday

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 08:50:40 EST

<x-flowed>
I wonder if there are two different dust jackets? My copy, which I picked
up in Nashville, very definitely *does* have Ezek. 1:28f on the front
cover, which matches the B&W photo on page 64--and matches Rahlfs at Ezek.
1:28. The photo on p. 64 does not show any sort of palimpsest writing. I'm
wondering if we might not have an "artistic creation" by the marketing
department here. (Or is the cover photo just so much better quality that it
shows what the B&W does not? I'd be surprised.) The URL that Clay posted
(of PYale1) seems to match the photo on Amazon's site, but it does *not*
match what is on the cover of my copy.

BTW, neither Clay's not Weiland's posts on this subject ever came through
to me on the list serve. Is Lyris still having problems? (It was down for
several days--at least I rec'd. no email from there--and the web site said
that "Lyris was unavailable.")

At 04:21 AM 12/1/00 -0800, you wrote:
> >> I don't know to what K. Jobes is referring to, but the image on the
> cover of
> >> her book is
> >> Papyrus Yale 1 with Gen 14:14!
> >
> > Wieland,
> >
> > You are right. K. Jobes was wrong. My original five minute search did
> > identify the correct passage. Three cheers! Perhaps K. Jobes has not seen
> > the front of her book! I looked at this fragment until I was going
> blind and
> > could not match it with anything in Ezekiel 1-2.

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Assoc. Prof./NT PO Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
rdecker@bbc.edu http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
XNS Universal Address: =RodDecker
The *Resources for NT Study* site is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm