[b-greek] AGAPAW and FILEW

From: Natali (natali_home_w@ok.kz)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 06:37:26 EST

Greetings,

While searching through old B-Greek archives I found meanings FILEW and
AGAPAW are not clarified well enough among B-Greekers and apparently in
lexicons too.
I fear to be obtrusive on your website or to say already obvious things
but...
It seems to me, rather definite distinction is the following:

FILEW means inner attraction towards a love object affording spontaneous
pleasure and gratefulness. Here is deep need and attachment to something, or
somebody, being seen as giving the reliable and considerable sweets of life.

AGAPAW is apparently applied when for bearing enjoyable, friendly relations
it's necessary to be always considerate and thoughtful, and it's necessary
to labor for such relations. In this case we don't give ourselves up to love
according to spontaneous attraction but we as if create love, find its
mutual gifts.
Usually such labor requires selfless conduct when it is come to be content
with a little in looking for better. Then one's love is filled with
fortitude, courage and unending patience in giving oneself up to love cares.

Is it accurate, please?
Any comments and objections will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrey Kirillov