[b-greek] Re: AGAPAW and FILEW

From: One of the McKays (musicke@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 19:42:33 EST

G'day Andrey

> While searching through old B-Greek archives I found meanings FILEW and
> AGAPAW are not clarified well enough among B-Greekers and apparently in
> lexicons too.
> I fear to be obtrusive on your website or to say already obvious things
> but...
> It seems to me, rather definite distinction is the following:
>
> FILEW means inner attraction towards a love object affording spontaneous
> pleasure and gratefulness. Here is deep need and attachment to something,
or
> somebody, being seen as giving the reliable and considerable sweets of
life.

> AGAPAW is apparently applied when for bearing enjoyable, friendly
relations
> it's necessary to be always considerate and thoughtful, and it's necessary
> to labor for such relations. In this case we don't give ourselves up to
love
> according to spontaneous attraction but we as if create love, find its
> mutual gifts.
> Usually such labor requires selfless conduct when it is come to be content
> with a little in looking for better. Then one's love is filled with
> fortitude, courage and unending patience in giving oneself up to love
cares.

> Is it accurate, please?
> Any comments and objections will be greatly appreciated.

I am wondering how you have arrived at your conclusions. Where do you think
b-greekers and the standard lexicons have gone wrong?

I have done a study of the use of these words also, but I have not come to
the same conclusions as you.

Interested to hear how you came to your definitions. Where is .kz? Is it
Kazakstan [pardon my spelling, please]
I am in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia.
David McKay
musicke@ozemail.com.au