[b-greek] Phil. 3

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 21:51:56 EST

<x-flowed>

Phil.

3:8b

KAI hHGOUMAI SKUBALA hINA CRISTON KERDHSW

3:10 - 11

TOU GNWNAI AUTON
KAI THN DUNAMIN THS ANASTASEWS AUTOU
KAI [THN] KOINWNIAN [TWN] PAQHMATWN AUTOU
SUMMORFIZOMENOS TWi QANATWi AUTOU
EI PWS KATANTHSW EIS THN EXANASTASIN THN EK NEKRWN

How do these accusatives (THN DUNAMIN, [THN] KOINWNIAN) function
in relation to TOU GNWNAI? In other words, what exactly does it mean when
the grammars say
that the accusative is the "subject" (they always put subject in quotes)
of the Infinitive? These accusatives seem more like objects of 'know' than
subjects (at least
in English). For example:

Do both of the KAI's indicate multiple "subjects" of TOU GNWNAI, as in:

in order to know...
1) him
2) the power
3) the fellowship

Syntactically, does SUMMORFIZOMENOS modify KERDHSW (since it is a finite
verb) in verse 8?
(sorry Carl I didn't want to transliterate all of Philippians :0 )

I realize I am asking quite a bit in this post, but finally how does this
participle
relate SYNTACTICALLY to the TOU GNWNAI + two accusatives?

Thank you,

Mark Wilson