[b-greek] Re: L. Berkowitz- Canon of Greek Authors

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 07:19:30 EST

At 10:37 PM -0800 1/8/01, clayton stirling bartholomew wrote:
>TITLE: Thesaurus Linguae Graecae Canon of Greek Authors and Works
> ISBN: 0195060377
> Publisher: Oxford University Press, Incorporated

> Publish Date: October 1990
> Author: Berkowitz, Luci (Professor of Classics), Squitier, Karl A.
>(Research Classicist and
> Historian), (Uni
> Binding: Hardcover
> List Price: USD 60.00
>
>Could one of the TLG users help me out with this? Is this a useful book even
>if you do NOT have a license to TLG? It is being remaindered and is floating
>around at the usual places that dump remainders (e.g., HalfPrice books).
>
>Thanks for your help with this,
>
>Another hot title in the remainder market right now is:
>
>Bergren, Theodore: Sixth Ezra: The Text & Origin ; Oxford 1997
>Binding:DJ Cond. Code: Pages:282 F/F
>
>Not a lot of Greek here, mostly Latin with French and Spanish recensions.
>There is also an English translation.

Actually, I think all the info in it is ON the TLG CD-ROM itself in a
separate file. This is simply a complete list of the printed editions on
which the Greek text recorded on the TLG CD-ROM is based. I guess you could
say that it's a complete list of editions considered authoritative of those
particular Greek authors in 1990. I used it back earlier in the 90, but
haven't since then.

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu
cwconrad@ioa.com
http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~cwconrad/