[b-greek] RE: Rev 22:1-2

From: Blair Davis (bndavis@wenval.com)
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 23:33:00 EST

----- Original Message -----

> The NLT (New Living Tr.) is more accurate than the meaningless ASV and RSV
> when it says: "On each side of the river grew a tree of life", although I
> think it would have been slightly more accurate to say "There was a tree
> of life on this side of the river and one on the other side." If needed,
> it could be clarified to "There were two trees of life, one on this side
> of the river and one on the other side."
>
> Iver Larsen
> Kolding, Denmark

I have been following this thread with interest. One aspect of the Greek has
not yet been addresed (or I missed it) that I am hoping might be discussed.

KAI TA FULLA TOU XULIU EIS THERAPEIAN TOON ETHNOON.
Hope this is right, I'm doing my best. There is no verb between XULIO and
EIS, most translations supply "were". What dictates the choice of verb in
English. Does the choice of verb make the "healing" a past, present, or
future event?

 Blair Davis
Wenatchee Wa. (the state)