[b-greek] Re: OU X ALLA Y: Is X exclusive of Y all the time?

From: Alan B. Thomas (a_b_thomas@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 00:56:19 EST

Moon-Ryul:

A question I would raise is does Paul develop the
concept that Law and Grace are mutually exclusive?

Much of Paul's terminology in Romans seems to be
either/or. I think this broader issue should be
examined as well. (Something I have not done myself,
so I simply raise the question).

Dan Wallace feels that "many a good" comes from
following through on hunches. However, my hunch
here is that Paul does mean to present a mutually
exclusive way of life (under Law, whether the Mosaic
or Conscience, and Grace).

Sorry I could not be of more help, and I am not so
sure my answer is overly B-Greek.

=====
Sincerely,

Alan B. Thomas

"Actually, there was no final "s" on "toward," but
now it's acceptable. Languages just change."