[b-greek] Re: Grammar question in Luke 3

From: Jeff Smelser (jtsmelser@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 11:01:51 EST

Carl Conrad replied to Ken Litwak and said in part...

>This is one of those instances
> where the old-fashioned distinction between attributive and predicate
> positions of AUTOS comes into play:

Just a couple of days ago, I rejoined the list after an absence of about
three years. My question is this: What do you mean when you refer to this
distinction as "old-fashioned" but as coming into play in this instance. I
think of this distinction as fundamental. Is my understanding a bit too
simplistic? Are you indicating that in other instances the distinction is
not so clear, or am I reading too much into your comment?

cordially,
Jeff Smelser
jtsmelser@msn.com
Bristow, VA