[b-greek] 1Tim 3:15

From: Dmitriy Reznik (reznik1@juno.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 09:41:59 EST

Dear friends:
I have a question about 1Tim 3:15:
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave
thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the
pillar and ground of the truth.
Can the phrase "the pillar and ground of the truth" to be beginning of the
next verse:
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest
in the flesh.
So can we read it like this: "The pillar and ground of the truth and without
controversy a great mystery of godliness is that..."?
STULOS KAI EDRAIWMA THS ALHQEIAS KAI hOMOLOGOUMEHWS MEGA ESTIN THS EUSEMEIAS
MUSTHRION...

Thank you in advance,
Dmitriy Reznik