[b-greek] Re: theos and ho theos'

From: Numberup@worldnet.att.net
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 11:48:40 EST

So where lies the weight of current scholarship, with the anarthrous QEOS of John
1:lb reflecting a qualitative description or (count-noun) predicate nominative? Has
current scholarship effectively moved beyond the conclusion of William Barclay that
because here there is "no definite article in front of [QEOS] it becomes a
description, and more of an adjective than a noun. The translation then becomes, to
put it rather clumsily, 'The Word was in the same class as God, belonged to the same
order of being as God'."? -- Many Witnesses, One Lord (Westminster, 1963)

Solomn Landers