[b-greek] Re: KHRUSSW, EUAGGELIZW and KATAGGELLW

From: Brian (brian@discoveryhills.org)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 14:55:16 EDT

On 4/5/01 6:48 AM, "nstublen@gmx.net" <nstublen@gmx.net> wrote:

> B-Greekers,
>
> Can anyone help me understand the relationship between the following words:
>
> KHRUSSW, EUAGGELIZW and KATAGGELLW
>
> Are they pretty much synonymous/interchangable? Are there any subtle
> differences in the way they are used? How might each of these words have been
> used
> in extra-biblical or non-religious writings? Are there any other words that
> should be included in this group?
>
> Thanks,
> Neal Stublen
> Newark, DE

Neal and B-Greekers,
    I have appreciated the article in Kittel "KHRUX". (I think I may have
erred in my transliteration, sorry, I'm rusty on joining the discussion.)
F. F. Bruce has a basic but quality overview of their use in "The Defense of
the Gospel in the New Testament". If I recall, he is more concerned with
EUANGGELIZW.

Brian Swedburg
Student