[b-greek] Re: Mk 7:19 and clean food

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 09:58:31 EDT

At 9:26 AM -0400 4/19/01, Stephen C. Carlson wrote:
>At 03:02 PM 4/19/01 +0200, Roe wrote:
>>In the B-Greek archive above, I just read from Mark Goodacre dated July
>>8, 1997 the following:
>>
>>"There was actually some discussion of this on the list instigated by me
>>**earlier this year**. If you have access to the archives, you would be
>>able to find it under Mark 7.19"
>>
>>However, the accessible archives of his list seem to only go back to
>>Feb. 1998...
>
>In the quotation of Goodacre, I think that the word "instigated"
>refers back to "some discussion on this on the list" i.e. on the
>b-greek list. The Synoptic-L mailing list was not "instigated" by
>Goodacre until Feb. 1998, the date at which the archives commence.
>
>The instigated discussion mentioned by Goodacre started on April
>21, 1997 and can be found at:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/archives/97-03/0877.html

Thanks, Stephen. So sure was I that this had been on a different list that
I didn't even check B-Greek archives earlier than 1998; I do think that
there may have been a discussion of it on Crosstalk back in January of
1998, but I don't have those archives myself and don't know whether they
are accessible on the internet. I thought that Mahlon Smith had some
feedback in defense of the neuter KAQARIZON reading, but I can't seem to
find it.