[b-greek] Re: Heb.1:8 Is Jesus God or is God the Throne?

From: GregStffrd@aol.com
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 00:49:45 EDT

In a message dated 05/15/2001 8:54:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
hjbluebird@aol.com writes:

<< Dear B-Greekers,

  I could use some help on this. Most translations that I know of
 translate this as Jesus having a throne and being God. But the New
 World Translation (no I'm not a Jehovah Witiness) translates it as
 God being the throne without Jesus being God. The question is, could
 this passage be translated the NWT way?

 sincerely,

 Harry W. Jones >>

Harry,

I hope you do not mind my saying so, but you have posted two threads in the
last couple of days, both of which are highly theological in nature.

Might I suggest that 1) we finish the Revelation 3:14 thread and 2) that we
limit the amount of theological texts that come up for discussion so that
Carl does not have to do the right thing and close down threads that may have
some valid grammatical issues?

I can just see it: Revelation 3:14 (day one), Hebrews 1:8 (day two), John 1:1
(day three), and so on.

Best regards,

Greg Stafford