[b-greek] Apoc 3,14

From: John Lupia (jlupia2@excite.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 00:59:31 EDT

b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu

To Greg Stafford

GS: Revelation 3:14 does not say this at all, but that the Amen is hH ARCH
THS KTISEWS TOU QEOU. If, then, as you say, the Amen is the "first principle
and cause of all things," how is it that the apostle says that he is the
ARCH THS
KTISEWS ****TOU QEOU****?

I do not say the Amen is the "first principle and cause of all things," you
have misread what I wrote. What I read Apoc 3,14b as saying is the Amen is
God's eternal "Yes" that faithfully witnesses to God as the eternal creator.

I see the final clause TOU QEOU as the object of the first TADE LEGEI. I
see hH ARCE THS KTISEWS to read "the first principle and cause of all things
(creation)." as the action of God to which the Amen bears a faithful and
true witness to.

Apoc 3,14b = "TADE LEGEI hO AMEN hO MARTUS hO PISTOS KAI ALHQINOS hH ARCE
THS KTISEWS TOU QEOU."

The Amen, the faithful and true witness, says these things of God, the first
principle and cause of all things.

Shalom,

John N. Lupia
501 North Avenue B-1