[b-greek] Re: Apoc 3,14

From: GregStffrd@aol.com
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 01:29:10 EDT

In a message dated 05/15/2001 10:00:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jlupia2@excite.com writes:

<< GS: Revelation 3:14 does not say this at all, but that the Amen is hH ARCH
 THS KTISEWS TOU QEOU. If, then, as you say, the Amen is the "first principle
 and cause of all things," how is it that the apostle says that he is the
 ARCH THS
 KTISEWS ****TOU QEOU****?

 I do not say the Amen is the "first principle and cause of all things," you
 have misread what I wrote. What I read Apoc 3,14b as saying is the Amen is
 God's eternal "Yes" that faithfully witnesses to God as the eternal creator.

Dear John:

I must admit it never occurred to me that you (or anyone else for that
matter) would offer such a view, and I did misunderstand your translation.
You wrote:

In a message dated 05/15/2001 7:34:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,