[b-greek] Re: Col 1: 18 ARCH

From: Clwinbery@aol.com
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 07:37:34 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/01 4:20:19 AM, virgilsalvage1@msn.com writes:

>I'm concerned that my post on Col 1:18 will be construed as a continuation
>
>of a thread on Rev 3:14 that has been closed. I don't know how to explain
>
>that from my perspective it is a different matter. If it is taken by anyone
>
>to mean otherwise, please dis-regard the previous post.

I see no problem discussing the meaning of ARCH or relevant data concerning
its use. I can also agree that the translation "ruler" is a good possibility
in the context of Col. 1:18.

I hope the whole list will understand that the problem with the previous
thread was the theological attack on a group. I know that we drift over the
line into hermeneutics and theology from time to time, but the real problems
comes when we formulate questions or answers in purely theological terms or
into some system that involves the whole book or Bible. Use good judgment
and be respectful of others and there will be no problems or hopefully flame
wars.

Carlton Winbery
LA College