[b-greek] Re: Grammars, Who Needs them?

From: Michael Haggett (michaelhaggett@lineone.net)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 05:00:58 EDT

c stirling bartholomew wrote (18 May):

>The contractor concludes that the architect
is a nut case and drops the discussion.

>The contractor has an intuitive grasp of the semiotics of wallboard.
The architect is a traditional grammarian.

-----

MH: A rather strange switching of roles here, Clay. In my experience no
contractor would understand what semiotics means, even instinctively
(although they instinctively know all architects are nutcases ;-)
only a client or end user would care only for the finished appearance;
only an engineer would talk like his "architect"; and only an architect
would be able to understand these different languages yet speak in
language all could understand.

Michael Haggett
www.ntgreek.com