[b-greek] (WS in Thayer's Lexicon

From: Kenneth Litwak (javajedi2@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 14:16:25 EDT

   SInce Thayer's lexicon is being discussed, I
thoguht I'd bring up something I found of interest
years agao when I had a Thayer's (don't anymore).
According to Thayer, in 1 Peter 3:7, (WS means, "as
though it were true, but isn't." I forget the exact
wording but that was the gist. I found nothing
corresponding to (WS useed in that sense in BAFGD. I
have been afraid to try to read through all the
entires in my revised Great Scott to see if LS have
anything different. (For those unfamiliar with this
terminology, there are three LSJ lexicons: the little
Liddell, the big LIddell and the Great Scott).

   ANyone have thoughts on the idea tha (WS can be
used in this way, for a contrary to fact condition? I
rather like taht inerpretation of 1 Peter 3:7. I find
it compelling and reasonable, but perhaps since no
ther lexicon I know of says the same thing, maybe
THayer was doing eisegesis.

Ken