[b-greek] RE: Thayers Lexicon

From: James Ernest (jernest@hendrickson.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 14:49:15 EDT

Kevin B. references an older printing. Currently available is:

Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: Coded with Strong's
Concordance Numbers. Joseph H. Thayer. Price: $24.95 Size: 7 x 9.25.
Binding: hardcover. Pages: 752. Pub Date: 1996. ISBN: 1565632095. Item
Number: 32095. This is reprinted from the T & T Clark edition of 1896 with
Strong's numbers added in the margin.

http://www.hendrickson.com/html/product/32095.acad.html?category=academic

Of course, if you can only buy one NT Greek lexicon, it should be BDAG, but
a lot of B-Greek type folks are probably interested in having their own
copies of some of the "classics" in the field. I hope it doesn't seem
inappropriately commercial to point this out, but we often swap this kind of
info on the list: CBD (ChristianBook.com) currently has this available for
$13.95. I haven't checked the other online booksellers. Or you can call my
company and pay full list.

I'll pass the complaints about the abbreviations along to Mr. Thayer, but he
hasn't been answering his mail lately. ;-)

James Ernest

March 30--PLEASE NOTE CHANGED E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR PERSONAL MAIL AND
OUT-OF-OFFICE ACCESS
James D. Ernest, Ph.D.
Associate Editorial Director, Hendrickson Publishers
S-MAIL: Hendrickson Publishers, 140 Summit Street, P. O. Box 3473
  Peabody, MA 01961-3473 USA
FAX: 978/573-8243
PHONE: 978/573-2243
E-MAIL: j.d.ernest@bc.edu  (accessible to me anywhere)