[b-greek] Re: The Text of the Earliest New Testament Greek Manuscripts

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 15:01:37 EDT

on 6/12/01 9:23 AM, Brian Tucker wrote:

> I would like some thoughts from list members about the usefulness of the
> revised and corrected "The Text of the Earliest New Testament Greek
> Manuscripts" by Barrett and Comfort. Is it worth the purchase price or
> does it appear that it will have the same short-comings of the previous
> infamous edition.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Tucker
> Riverview, MI

Brian,

I wonder if this is the best time and/or place for this discussion. Any
attempt to do this question justice would require a very meticulous
examination of the second edition by some qualified TC scholar who was also
familiar with the first edition.

In other words, some TC scholar is going to need to put in some significant
hours on this before we will get anything other than a lot of hot air
expressed on the topic.

Since we had more than enough hot air vented on the first edition (see TC
list archives) I really wonder if we need to do a second round on this so
soon.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew